Congratulations Erie Beach Hotel for winning both the Best Soup and the Friendliest Station award at SoupART Bowls 11! The winning combination was Chicken Roasted Red Pepper Spinach and Brie Soup with Chef Trevor Taylor!
Chicken Roasted Red Pepper Spinach and Brie Soup (Gluten-Free)
Yield: 6 cups
- 1 c diced cooked chicken
- 1 diced white onion
- 3 sliced roasted red peppers
- 2 c baby spinach
- 125 g double cream Brie cheese
- 4 c chicken broth
- 1 tbsp basil
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 500 ml 35% whipping cream
- ¼ c white wine
- 1 tbsp salted butter
- corn starch and water (slurry)
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a soup pot, combine butter, onions, basil. Sauté until onions are translucent.
- Add white wine, reduce for 2 minutes on low.
- Add chicken broth and roasted red peppers. Bring to boil. Simmer for 15 minutes.
- Cut rind of brie cheese and dice into chunks. Add to soup pot. Stir with a whisk until cheese is melted.
- Add slurry in small amounts until proper consistency. Allow slurry to cook and thicken before adding more.
- Add Spinach and 35% whipping cream. Simmer on low for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
Recipe courtesy The Erie Beach Hotel, Chef Trevor Taylor